Future Fabulators encourages European citizens to imagine, experience and investigate living in a range of possible futures, designed as artistic experiments today. It takes uncertainty as a creative challenge in creating cultural spaces in which visions of everyday life in the time ahead become tangible and discussable. FF merges the voices of futurists, scientists, artists, policy makers and economists with those of the experts of everyday life, aiming to raise awa- reness about the impact of future visions on contemporary culture and lifestyle. FF uses tech- niques from Physical Narration, Context Aware Narrative and Future Pre-enactment to translate future scenarios into storyworlds, that are built as immersive situations in public and private spaces, designed to be playfully explored and enacted by a broad European populace.
- integrate the knowledge and experience of a wide spectrum of European citizens to create plausible and compelling future scenarios
- embody stories about the future, to make them experienceable for an interested public.
- encourage active participation in the creation of pan-European futures.
The process of elaborating futures in Future Fabulators (FF) falls into several activities:
* Sketch the worlds and stories within them as interactive experiences
* Embody the worlds to make them experience-able
* Present the worlds for the public to experience and explore
* Document the experiences of all participants, from designers to visitors
* Evaluate the results of these activities through reflection and analysis together with participants
* Learn to improve the process and its implications
* Disseminate to a general public and professional audiences
* Coordinate the collaboration between the partners and ensure high quality of the project's activities and results.