by Pedro Teixeira on February 25th, 2:30 pm @ Classroom
In this talk we’ll analyse all the inside facts behind the hype: what makes this a great platform, its main use cases, the companies driving it and the community around Node.js.
About the Author:
* Trend watching
* Client-side (Web, Cordova)
* Databases (CouchDB, Riak, MongoDB, LevelDB)
* Industry adoption of Node.js
* Many many Others
* Personal Experience
* What makes Node great?
* NPM: Package Management done right
* Respecting The Unix Philosophy: Modularity
* Scalability at your fingertips (handling of clients, streaming, etc.)
* Node Use Cases
* Smart Proxy
* Real-time (event-driven programming)
* Node is Not PHP, Rails or Django
* Low-level programming: different levels of abstraction
* More control over the platform
* Is fragmentation a good thing?
* The Community
* The People behind Node.js
* IO.js: what’s up with that?