University of Madeira has opened the applications for the PhD in Informatics Engineering.
Robotics and Systems in Engineering and Science LARSyS 2014 Annual Meeting is taking place @Pavilhão do Conhecimento - Parque das Nações, Lisbon - Portugal, in the 4th of July. LARSYS is an associaton of six R&D Units based in four Portuguese Universities - University of Madeira is one of them and M-ITI is one of the twelve research groups/ laboratories of LARSyS - empowering interdisciplinary research in Robotics and Engineering Systems, covering dynamical cyber‐physical systems, human-computer interaction and social‐technical systems, as well as policy research dealing with uncertainty and risk governance. Their activities consider new horizons for knowledge with impact in ocean, urban, aeronautic and space, biomedical, and future working environments, as well as to stimulate new industry‐science relations.
At this annual conference M-ITI's faculty and research member are presenting the following projects, together with some posters exhibition:
- 'Where the sidewalk ends: a mobile platform for civic engagement and more walkable cities'. Simone Ashby
- Possible pasts, possible futures: Exploring past and future scenarios through context‐aware transmedia stories in urban contexts. Valentina Nisi.
- Eye Controlled Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities. Monchu Chen.
- Assistive technologies for the motor and cognitive rehabilitation after brain injury: the role of VR and its interfaces. Sergi Bermudez i Badia.
- Eye gaze patterns after stroke: correlates of a VR action execution and observation task. Júlio Alves.
- The Madeira Ocean Observatory - a research framework for LARSyS. Nuno Nunes.